3.15.2011

LET'S GO!

     A trip is being planned! For April! That’s so close I could touch it! 
     We’re looking at doing a three day/two night trip somewhere between the 15th and the 24th of April with more emphasis on one of those weekends rather than mid week. It’s all still up in the air though.
     Where are we gonna go when everything is still sleeping? We’re going to go to the WILDERNESS that’s where! Lucky for us the further south we go the less snow there is! We’ll be revisiting the same trail and campsite that we visited around the same time last year. It’s a cute little low level elevation route in the Sequoias called Ladybug Trail and we’ll be stopping at Whiskey Log camp.
     When I first heard about this trail it was very important to me that there were actual ladybugs on the trail. It lived up to its name. That’s for sure. Check out some pictures from last year!
[BEAUTIFUL SNOW CAPPED PEAKS TO THE RIGHT OF THE TRAIL MOST OF THE WAY]

[A LITTLE VALLEY. MAKES FOR A GOOD REST STOP]


[THE FIRST LADYBUG!]

[MORE LADYBUGS!!]

[SO MANY LADYBUGS!!!]

[MY FACE]

[THOSE SAME SNOW CAPPED PEAKS]


[CAMP TOMAHAWK'S BIG LOG]

[VIEW FROM WHISKEY LOG CAMP]

[SHOULD HAVE SOME PRETTY WILD FLOWERS AGAIN THIS YEAR!]

     Here's a brief description. I nabbed this from these guys --  THESE GUYS

"The Ladybug Trail goes east following the north side of the canyon of the South Fork of the Kaweah River. The trail rises from an elevation of 3,640 to 5,760 feet at the end of the trail. There are many open viewpoints along the first 2.5 miles of the trail. From these viewpoints there are fine views of the canyon and surrounding mountain peaks."    

     Well put, THESE GUYS.
      It's a 4.02 mile hike, which is pretty easy, makes for a good, simple start to the season. If you wanna see what the trail looks like the whole way (in writing) Here's a link -- LADYBUG TRAIL
     SO, if you’re interested in joining us (my dad, my brother-in-law, myself, and whatever ragamuffin crew we can scrounge up) let me know, we’d love the company and the fresh faces! 
     

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Mememememememememe!

Unknown said...

i would LOVE to join you guys! <3 it would be sooooooooo good! :D

Unknown said...

where do i sign up?!

email me so we can chat! I'm giving up FB for lent.

racheleruelas@gmail.com

Elizabeth Smith said...

Yay! That is soooo great! I love the new blog format! It's inspiring!

Bethani Lynne said...

I'm in as long as I can get the dates!