3.29.2011

BLADDER INDUCED INSOMNIA

     So as I was lying on Couch tonight (my personal choice for sleeping arrangements) trying to fall asleep, I was reminded of a fun memory. And what progressed from there was this impromptu blog post about it. I will proceed!
     If you haven’t seen a scary movie by the name of “The Descent” yet… watch it. But not right before you go on an overnight wilderness adventure. For a short understanding of why it’s so terrifying, I’ve included this screenshot:

[NOTICE HOW THESE COLORS GO WITH MY DESIGN---PLANNED IT]

     Now… we’ve all been plagued by the need to find a tree in the middle of the night out in the unknown, but this can be particularly horrible when your imagination is running rampant. Not only does your bladder feel like it’s going to explode, but every noise outside of your thin tent walls causes your mind to explode. And the two organs battle it out until they both feel like they’re about to burst.
     This was the case for me one night at Panther Creek Falls two years ago. I hastily and without thinking, had a cup of apple cider right before jumping into the Navajo (my sleeping bag) for the night. Not even an hour later after tossing and turning I was starting to feel its affects, combined with my notorious imagination working out scenarios involving that cute little creature above. Back and forth… bladder vs. brain… and then, like a hungry lepard, out of my tent I sprang. Bladder: 1, Brain: 0.
     What prompted this memory tonight? Bladder: 2, Brain 0.


[I'M NOT REALLY SURE WHY I CONSIDER THIS A FUN MEMORY]


2 comments:

Unknown said...

BRUSHING YOUR TEETH LIKE A MOFO.

Elizabeth Smith said...

love it! may the bladder always win:)